Secondaire : Liste de livres, calculatrices et ordinateur portable
List of books 2020-2021
Calculators / Laptop computer
In accordance with the recommendations of the Educational council, if it is the case that the pandemic situation continues to necessitate the continued use of distance learning, the school management will evaluate the possibility of extending the recommendation to have a laptop computer in school for educational purposes to all students of the secondary.
In accordance with the characteristics required by the mathematics and physics syllabuses for secondary year s4 of the European Schools and by decision of the group of experts, which convened on 23 April 2020, for the beginning of the 2020-2021 school year in September 2020, year s4 students must have a non-graphing and non-programmable scientific calculator (the model used in s3, where applicable, may be sufficient).
However, in accordance with the Educational council recommendations, if it is the case that the pandemic situation continues to necessitate the continued use of distance learning, the school management will evaluate the possibility of extending the recommendation to have a laptop computer in school for educational purposes to all students of the secondary.
In accordance with the characteristics required by the mathematics and physics syllabuses for secondary year s5 of the European Schools and by decision of the group of experts, which convened on 23 April 2020, for the beginning of the 2020-2021 school year in September 2020, year s5 students must have their own device allowing GeoGebra 6 software to be used in the classroom, at least in offline mode (see minimum characteristics of the device below). In addition, a non-graphing and non-programmable scientific calculator will be required for the 2020-2021 school year examinations (the model used in s4, where applicable, may be sufficient).
Minimum recommendations for devices running GeoGebra in the classroom / examination room
GeoGebra 6 can run on several devices (tablet or laptop) online or offline. The group of experts does not specify a model. However, the group recommends at least the following, for adequate use of GeoGebra 6 (these are minimum specifications, but the choice of more powerful devices would allow for more diverse and in-depth uses):
- Operating system: any operating system supporting GeoGebra 6 (complete name in EN: GeoGebra Classic 6)
- Minimum RAM: 1 GB for a tablet and 4 GB for a laptop
- Minimum storage: 16 GB for a tablet and 32 GB for a laptop
- Screen size and resolution: 7” can be allowed provided there is a good display resolution (minimum 720 p), but at least 9” for comfortable viewing with minimum 1080 p. resolution.
For students with an educational support agreement in place, the relevant special arrangements should be applied.
However, taking into consideration that the students will in any case have to buy an electronic device (computer/tablet) for the maths and physics syllabus, and following the discussion in the Educational council, the school has decided that all students of s5 should have a laptop computer in school for educational purposes, that will allow them to also use it for other subjects.
In accordance with the characteristics required by the mathematics syllabuses for secondary years s6 and s7 of the European Schools, for the beginning of the 2020-2021 school year in September 2020, years s6 and s7 students must have a TI-Nspire CX CAS calculator equipped with version 126.96.36.199 or higher of TI-Nspire software or a TI-Nspire CX II-T CAS calculator, equipped with version 188.8.131.52 or higher of TI-Nspire software.
However, considering the fact that, during distance learning, students and teachers have had wide practice with digital tools, the Educational council has decided to strongly recommend that the students in s6 and s7 should have a laptop or tablet computer in school for educational purposes
The secondary school strongly advise to choose a laptop in school for educational purposes with the following specifications:
- Windows 10 or Mac OS X. Android and Chromebooks do not support all the software in use in school.
- Integrated WiFi-antenna (WIFI N minimum, AC is better)
- Processor: i3 or AMD E2/A4 Dual Core, equivalent or better
- Memory: We advise at least 4GB Ram, and at least a hard drive with a capacity of 250GB, SSD-Harddrive is recommended. (8Gb Ram recommended)
- Screen size: at least 10.8 inch for comfortable viewing of texts, excel sheets etc. Tablets with small screens are strongly discouraged
- Touch screen and pen are strongly recommended.
- A good integrated or external keyboard in your language
- Lightweight for ease of transport
- A long battery life and/or spare battery (4 cells minimum, 6 cells or more is better)
- Minimum 1 USB-A port, or integrated USB-C port with adaptor for USB-C to USB-A
- Virus protection, a pdf reader (Windows 10 has a virus protection included but another installed is recommend. For the battery life, Norton is not recommended)
- A protective carrying case.
We also inform you that the APEEEL1 is working in collaboration with the European schools for facilitating a pilot project for the laptop purchasing
You can find more information on this project on the website of the parents association, at the following link https://www.apeeel1.lu/bring-your-own-device-byod/