Kindergarten und Grundschule : Europäische Stunden EH
European Hours constitute an enjoyable moment of discovery and of knowledge-sharing. Children of different nationalities learn interesting aspects of European culture by working together on common projects or by finding solutions to created or in class presented problems.
- Develop a European identity.
- Develop positive intercultural attitudes : respect, tolerance, cooperation, communication.
- Deal with issues pertaining to intercultural understanding and communication.
- Enable the pupils to know, appreciate and help each other.
- Permit the social development of students.
- Develop a sense of initiative, autonomy and solidarity.
Each group of children is assessed and evaluated by a teacher with whom they work on an activityfor four or five sessions.
By adhering to the European Hours philosophy which aims at enhancing the collaborative spirit and the solidarity between the members of each group, the pedagogical effort focuses on communication and on collaboration, which constitute the process of cooperative work of the pupils.
The content of the European Hours’ programme follows a progression based on the evolution of the pupils’ engagement in the activities.
The syllabus, which is part of the harmonized syllabuses, covers three years of the primary cycle. European Hours are taught:
- 90 minutes per week in P3/P4/P5